Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Wakey! Wakey! music gigs

So I have to be honest I did come across this group on One Tree Hill...and although I wasn't immediately impressed I did eventually warm up to them. 

Wakey!Wakey! is an American indie/rock band from Brooklyn, New York and is fronted by Michael Grubbs. They recently released their debut album "Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said the Last Time I Saw You..." which is filled with mostly laid back melodies that tend to build and end with an energetic climax created from Michaels strong vocal ability and poignant lyrics. 

Bands similar to Wakey! Wakey! include La  Rocca, Michelle Featherstone, Matthew Ryan and Strays Don't Sleep.

Although I have not seen Wakey!Wakey! live, this pretty low key band has received a lot of positive reviews. The general consensus from these reviews are this seemingly unheard of band has great potential and are surprisingly very good live.

Recently they have been supporting bands/artists such as The Spring Standards and James Blunt, which has certainly caused them to grow in terms of reputation and fan base. So I would certainly say this is another safe alternative for those of you looking for a chilled night out listening to live music.
 
 
Tour dates:
 24th Sept. Before the Bridge Music Festival - Collingswood, NJ, US
17th Oct. The Brook - Southampton, UK
19th Oct. Heaven - London, UK

For more information regarding tickets, check out: http://www.songkick.com/artists/777263-wakeywakey/calendar

No comments: