Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Alex Clare Music Gig and review

I am currently interning in London and was treated to an unexpected acoustic performance by Alex Clare. The company every so often hold 'The Tea Room Sessions' where artists and bands come in to perform. A previous performer has been Clare Maguire.

Alex Clare is a singer/songwriter from London who recently released his debut album "The Lateness of the Hour."

I can honestly say I had never heard of Alex Clare, but after watching him sing acoustically for half an hour I was left wanting more. My favorite song which he performed was Humming Bird - although the album version sounds pretty different from what I heard live, it still a great song.

Alex Clare's voice, although raspy is very soulful - which combined produces a truly captivating and beautiful sound. On returning home, I looked Alex Clare up on YouTube and came across a great cover by Prince's When Doves Cry - I urge you to check it out.

I was pleasantly surprised by Alex Clares talent and so I would urge you to see him live if you can. 

 

Tour dates: 
24th Aug.The Old Blue Last - London. (Sold out!) 
22nd Sept. Barfly Camden - London. 

For more information regarding tickets check out: http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/157653/Alex_Clare.html

No comments: