Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Fray

I have been fortunate to see this indie rock band from Colorado, US twice.

The Fray became a success back in 2005 when their debut album "How to Save a Life" became platinum in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK. Singles that helped to build the bands initial success were "Over My Head," "How To Save a Life," and "You Found Me."

Since the release of their debut album, the Fray have released the self titled album "The Fray" in 2009 and are due to release their third album "Scars & Stories" on February 7th, 2012.

I would definitely recommend seeing this band live. When I saw this band live I was surprised with how good  Isaac Slade was as lead singer. His distinct raspy voice was just as good live as it is on cd. Although I was impressed with The Frays performance, I will say that something seemed to be missing - it all just seemed far to safe. Yes they have great songs, but in terms of excitement this gig would score low. Don't be put off though, if you are looking for a quiet, chilled night out listening to live music than this would be just the gig for you.

Tour Dates:
12th  April. Radio City Music Hall - NYC

For information regarding tickets and their N. American tour dates check out: http://www.ticketmaster.com/The-Fray-tickets/artist/1004082#artist_table_focus

No comments: