Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kate Nash Music Gig




I have seen many great bands perform over the years. For every gig that I go to I go through the same feelings of excitement and anticipation beforehand. I love to see how each gig varies by the type of crowd it attracts, who is supporting, how good the band is live, and whether they can work a crowd or not.

I have experienced many gigs, from moshing to the Fratellis, standing in an intimate gig watching The National, to standing in a crowd of 100,000 to watch Faithless. Despite all these great experiences however there are the occasional disappointments, one being when I saw Kate Nash live at Glastonbury.

I really liked Kate Nash's debut album "Made of Bricks" as it included many great songs like Birds and Foundations. After the release of this album, Kate Nash continued to release a number of great tracks and personal favorites like Merry Happy and Mouthwash. However after the tour of her first album, it was reported that Kate Nash had a "proper breakdown." Since her return at the end of 2009, Kate Nash seems to have not only changed her appearance, but the style of her songs. I am not really keen on her new songs or her second album "My Best Friend is You."

When I saw Kate Nash live she mostly sang songs from her second album which was the first disappointment for me. Next, I disliked how Kate Nash constantly swore and repeatedly told the crowd to wake up, and at one point even told us to not be so "F****** shy" - not the best way I feel to work the crowd!! In addition to this, I found her performance very uncomfortable to watch as she seemed to shout her songs, rather than sing them.

Overall I would have to say give this gig a miss!

Nash is currently touring around the UK. To see her tour dates visit: http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/94689/Kate_Nash.html

No comments: