Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kele Okereke Music Gig

My number 1 band to listen to is Bloc Party, an indie rock band from London, UK. I started listening to this band in 2003 when I came across the song "Banquet" which is my favorite of all Bloc Party's songs. I have seen this band live and thought they were incredible. Watching them live was awesome as they performed their songs with so much energy that they had the whole crowd buzzed and the atmosphere was electrifying. The main performer of the band, Kele was definitely the natural performer and so when it was announced that the band were going on hiatus and he was going solo I was excited to see what he would do.

I have not been left disappointed. Kele Okereke released his first solo album "The Boxer" which includes the songs "Tenderoni" and "Everything You Want." Whilst I was at Glastonbury Music Festival over the summer Kele performed a great set. He sang both his own stuff and material from when he was in Bloc Party such as "Flux." This is definitely a gig not to miss out on.

Tour dates:
19th March. The Plug- Sheffield, UK
19th - 21st Aug. V Festival - Staffordshire, UK

No comments: