Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Colbie Caillat


I saw Colbie Caillat not too long ago and sadly I was a little disappointed.

Colbie Caillat is a singer-songwriter from California who first hit the music scene in 2007. She has two albums 'Coco' and 'Breakthrough' and is due to release her third on the 12th July. Her hit singles include "Bubbly," "The Little Things," and "I Never Told You."

One of my friends is a HUGE Colbie Caillat fan and so they persuaded me to go with the them to see her live in NYC. Although she is a great singer and has a number of great tracks, I felt her gig was missing something. 

Despite their being packed crowd, I felt the gig lacked any real atmosphere and excitement. She didn't do  much in terms of work the crowd - rather she just sang her songs and smiled a lot. Compared to gigs that I have been to, like Mumford & Sons and Imogen Heap, I would have to say Colbie Caillat would not be on my list of artists/ bands to see again.

Overall I would give this gig  low rating- your not missing out on anything by not going...sorry!

Tour dates:
30th May. Paramont Theater - NY
2nd June. Rumsey Playfield - NYC

For more information regarding tickets and her North & South America tour dates check out: http://www.songkick.com/artists/258548-colbie-caillat/calendar?page=1

9KF69PA6GUJ2

No comments: