Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Miike Snow


 I had been a fan of Miike Snow for quite some time, so when I heard I would be seeing them live I was pretty ecstatic.

Miike Snow are an indie pop band from Sweden. This band, to date has released two albums; their debut album and self titled "Miike Snow," and the more recently released "Happy to You." Happy to You includes the singles "Paddling Out" and "The Wave."

Although I love all the their music I was unsure to what I should expect when seeing them live. As soon as they began however my uncertainty soon passed. By the end of their set at Glastonbury, my friends and I were all huge fans! Their set list included "Intro," "Burial," "Black and Blue," "Silvia," "The Rabbit," "Sans Soleil" and their most successful track to date "Animal."

The band started strong with a dramatic start - appearing on a smoked out stage wearing white masks and black outfits. Despite not interacting too much with the crowd, Miike Snow seemed to have the attention of the entire audience. They performed their songs great and by the time they ended with "Animal" everyone was dancing around and getting fully into it.

Despite being a relatively new band at the time I was shocked to how many people came to see them. It is due to this that I would urge you to buy tickets soon if you are interested.

Tour dates:
24th August. Reading Festival - Reading, UK
19th October. United Palace Theatre - NYC

For more information regarding tickets and the rest of their N.American tour check out: http://www.songkick.com/artists/2391223-miike-snow/calendar?page=1

No comments: