Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Emeli Sande Review



I recently posted about Emeli Sande. I was fortunate enough to win tickets to see Emeli Sande perform at the iTunes Festival.

Before the show I can honestly say I never really listened to Emeli Sande that much. However after her live performance I can confidently say I am a fan. An incredibly humble individual who took the time between each of her songs to thank the audience and explain the thought presses behind each of her tracks, she is certainly a lot more than a good voice.

The set list for her performance was: Daddy, Tiger, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (Coldplay Cover), My Kind of Love, Suitcase. Breaking the Law, Maybe, Read All About It (Part 111), Wonder, Mountains, Where I Sleep, One Love/No Woman, No Cry, Heaven. Encore: Next To Me.

For me the highlight of the night was her stripped performance of SuitCase which she sang with her bassist. In addition to this, Emeli did a great cover of Bob Marley's 'One Love' - urging the entire crowd to sing along and get involved.

Overall I had a great night and would definitely recommend people to see her live.

Tour Dates: 
6th Nov. The SECC - Glasgow
8th Nov. Symphony Hall - Birmingham
11th Nov. Royal Albert Hall - London
12th Nov. Bridgewater Hall - Manchester
17th January. Webster Hall - NYC

for more information regarding tickets and tour dates check out: http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/138061/Emeli_Sande.html and for information regarding her N. America tour dates check out: http://www.ticketmaster.com/Emeli-Sande-tickets/artist/1629986




No comments: