Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Jacko Hooper

Although I stumbled by this singer by mistake, I am glad I did.

Clearly still stuck in my  'deep and meaningful' ' acoustic guitar performance phase, this guy filfulls the quota perfectly! Jacko Hooper is a singer/songwriter from Brighton that reminds me a great deal of Athlete, Aqualung, Benjamin Francis Leftwich and James Vincent McMorrow.

Although Jacko Hooper is not hugely known (yet), he shows great potential and is already growing a steady stream of fans. In March of last year, Jacko released an EP "From Home," consisting of five beautiful folk tracks - my favorite being River.

So if wistful folk music is your calling, than this is an artist you must certainly check out.


Tour Dates: 
12th Feb. The Marlborough Theatre - Brighton, UK (supporting Rae Morris)
11th April. The brunswick - Hove, UK

For tickets and/or further info, check out; http://www.songkick.com/artists/5423688-jacko-hooper/calendar

No comments: